Wednesday, January 09, 2008

May I have this dance?

"The Christian life is a lot like dancing! Learning a new dance - Christ is our dance partner. He's teaching us the steps, a new song, a new rhythm.. Balance is key. The movements will be beautiful, perhaps hard to learn at first (cos we'll have to unlearn our old dance steps), but eventually, as we apply patience and perseverance, and with large dosages (in abundance, really - we just have to listen for them) of encouragement from proudly-looking-on Daddy, our bodies will start to flow with the new Divine Rhythm, to sway in the New Dance.. Eventually others will marvel at the beauty of this Dance, and ask how they might learn it too. It is then that we introduce them to our Teacher. ;-)."

--

The above was written by a winsomely hopeful 20-year old a year and a half ago. I long to recapture the innocence, the joy of Moments, the beauty of poetry and music and art and love and Life, without losing all the gains I have made in maturity in the years since..

Teach me to hope again, Father..
Teach me to laugh again..
Teach me to Dance.

May I have this dance?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home