Thursday, October 09, 2008

October snapshot

I am currently:
  1. Amazed by Tommy Emmanuel (see the video if you don't understand - it's his live performance of "Angelina")
  2. Sensibly inspired to worship God with thanksgiving for music.
  3. Sensibly inspired to practice my guitar and perhaps buy a thumb pick to start learning fingerstyle.
  4. Wrestling with my senior research project: currently looking at mental models theory, reasoning, discourse comprehension processes, and working memory, and trying to extract a workable research question from my readings.
  5. Reading John Piper's "When I Don't Desire God"
  6. Meditating on Psalm 139 and Ephesians 2:1-7.
  7. Amazed by God's grace.
  8. Daily asking for grace and forgiveness as the Holy Spirit is showing me more and more of my selfishness, "I deserve better" mentality, my lack of proper desire for God, while simultaneously awakening a desire to be more thankful, humble, and selflessly loving, and more in love with the One who created me and gave all for me.
  9. Amazed at the thought that my sister is getting married in 17 days.
  10. Saddened by the worsening political situation in Malaysia.
  11. Preparing to start applying to graduate schools.
  12. In love. =)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home