Tuesday, May 27, 2008

RE: Thoughts provoked by "Get Service" - to offset the "gloom and doom"

I'd like to tell of my birthday. My wonderful, meaningful, memorable 22nd birthday. And give some credit to the lovely people that make my life beautiful. =)

Here are some verbal snapshots (I've been suffering from "Photographer's Block". Not really. Been lazy.. =p):

May 6: Organized by Anna, a whole host of my friends take time out of their Finals Week to sing "Happy Birthday" (in English, Malay, and Mandarin!) outside the library and present a plate of Palenque "Super Nachos" and a red rose to me. Thanks guys!! =)

May 9: Anna presents me with a surprise gift: a license for Acoustica Beatcraft, a drum programming software I've been wanting since 2005. Thanks Anna! =)

May 14: Patrick buys me Super Nachos for lunch and wishes me happy birthday. I'm grateful for the wishes and the nachos, at least partly because I didn't feel like cooking. =p Thanks Patrick! =)

May 15:
  1. My sister wishes me happy birthday. We talk for a bit.. I always appreciate you, che! Thanks! =)
  2. My dad emails me happy birthday. Thanks Daddy! =)
  3. My mum emails a HILARIOUS e-card to me. Thanks Mummy! =)
  4. Birthday wishes start showing up on my Facebook wall. Thanks guys! =)
  5. Wilson calls to wish me happy birthday and we chat and catch up.. Thanks Kor Kor Chye!! =)
May 16:
  1. Anna calls to wish me happy birthday. Thanks Anna! =)
  2. Birthday wishes continue to show up on my Facebook wall. Thanks guys! =)
  3. I get to chat with Anna on Gtalk in the morning. Thanks Anna! =)
  4. Various people on campus wish me happy birthday. Thanks guys! =)
  5. I get birthday emails. Thanks guys! =)
  6. I buy myself a lovely Chicken Club Sandwich combo from Wendy's and take a leisurely drive to Horsehead Lake with Nat King Cole playing on the CD player. Good food, good view (love the summer green countryside!!), and good music. Thanks for letting me use your car, Anna! =)
  7. I spend some nice quality time with God by Horsehead Lake. Thank you Jesus for making that possible!! =)
  8. Caroline calls from Nebraska to wish me happy birthday. We talk and catch up for a bit.. Thanks Cruzer!! =)
  9. Patrick, Amy and I cook a DELIGHTFUL FEAST and have Kathy over to help us eat. Thanks guys!! =)
  10. Matt and Jessica Kasper leave a birthday card and some candy in my c-box. Thanks guys! =)
  11. Patrick, Amy and I watch Ironman at the Clarksville cinema. Thanks guys! =)
  12. I talk to my parents and sister on Skype. Love you all! =)
May 17: Birthday wishes continue to show up on my Facebook wall.

May 20: I receive a birthday card from Eric. Thanks Eric! =)

May 22: I receive a 4GB iPod Nano (3rd Gen) in my c-box from my sister and Jordan Davis. Thank you!! =)

Ahh...
I had a fantastic birthday this year, and just want to say again a HUGE THANK YOU to all of you that made it happen. I'm so blessed with you all! =)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 7:06 PM, Blogger KathyH said...

Way to stretch out a birthday, Joel!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home