Sunday, January 25, 2009

Stream of consciousness: Sunday, 25 Jan 2009

I had amazing beef stew for dinner just now, brought by my amazing girlfriend. :)

Sitting in the lab, trying to figure out my Psychometrics assignment... Still having trouble with the technical details, but... More so having trouble fitting details into each category...

Listening to Daniela Chavarria chat on the phone in Spanish.. I think I just heard her say "pre unta", which I think means "question?"

Last night's CNY party in Dr. Niece's house was AWESOME. We are really SO blessed to be on a student-centered campus with such a rare and extraordinary President.. Noise-makers, fortune cookies, chopsticks, "Chinese yo-yos", Chinese decorations, and CNY music... He really outdid himself! And the FOOD.. Oh my Lord, the food... I'm still feeling the weight of all that glorious food I ingested last night... Lin go, beef stew, nasi lemak, potato curry, chocolate cookies, beef fried rice, yee sang, koniaku jelly, ketupat, and MARMITE CHICKEN... OOOOHHHH what a feast!! And the noise and clamor and joyous sounds of laughter and mirth... Made me warm and fuzzy inside, and almost brought tears to my eyes as the yelling and laughing during the yee sang tossing transported me back to my beloved home country..
Such a blessing to be in this Ozarks community... :)

Thinking of what is one of my favorite verses ever now: Jesus said, "Truly I say unto you, before Abraham was, I AM." What??? What a punk!! Seriously, God is the biggest punk ever, excusing my language... By punk, I mean the kind of God that does whatever He pleases, and no one can say anything or do anything about it to change Him... He truly is all-sufficient, all-powerful, and sovereign.. It's a good thing He is also all-loving, or we'd all be toast by now...

Remembering also the Scriptures we heard in church this morning... In particular, this one: "...while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." AMAZING. While we were yet sinners!! What love.. Such inexpressibly GLORIOUS agape love... And here I am so often struggling to love those I deem "undeserving", those who "irritate" me or cross my path the wrong way... God help me change...

Thinking now that I really need to get back to my Psychometrics homework.. And then study for Cog Psych quiz over Chapter 1 tomorrow... And read Chapter 1 of Computer Science.. But oh so looking forward to more beef stew with ramen (lo mien!!) when I get back to the room...

I am blessed and highly favored.. :)

End stream of consciousness.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home