Thursday, May 29, 2008

Hedonism is good!

I'm bursting!! And I want to share what I'm bursting with..
I'm discovering the joys of desiring God. I'm discovering Joy as I learn to leave behind a "disinterested morality", of doing things just because they are good, or not doing things just because they are bad, to a reckless pursuit of satisfaction in God.

Unfortunately, my mind, heart, and soul are still drowning in this new revelation, so I shall spare you the agony of being caught in the maelstrom of my unformed thoughts for now.. I shall instead content myself with this quote from John Piper for you to chew on:

Kant loves a disinterested giver. God loves a cheerful giver (2 Corinthians 9:7).

It would probably make a lot more sense if you check out Piper's Desiring God sermons and resources. ;)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home